Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations.
- Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
- Review monthly menu and ensure that food items are ordered.
- Assist in conducting inventory.
- Requisition orders as needed for approval.
- Ensure proper portion and any special dietary requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure timely and efficient meal service.
- Adhere to security policies and procedures.
- Ensure storage areas are locked at all times.
- Ensure that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area.
- Ensure all keys are returned and secured.
- Develop sanitation schedule and ensure cooks, inmates, and/or food service workers adhere to the assigned schedule.
- Oversee cleaning of kitchen. In addition, oversees washing of kitchen utensils and equipment according to sanitary methods.
- Properly receive and store food and food related items.
- Requisition supplies and equipment to maintain stock levels.
- Monitor stock levels and report any discrepancies to Direct Supervisor.
- Follow Aramark’s Standard of Operation for food handling and storage.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite work-flow for inmate and/or Aramark employee workforce.
- Recommend disciplinary action and review documents with Food Service Director/General Manager for approval.
- Complete all required training.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum one-year prep work or food service related work.
- Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation is helpful.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Must be able to understand and execute Aramark recipes, menus, and production sheets.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.