Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Irrigation Tech installs, repairs, inspects, and troubleshoots computerized underground lawn sprinkler systems. The fundamental reason the Irrigation Technician exists is to install, diagnose and troubleshoot irrigation related problems and equipment in the Grounds Management division of the Facility Services.
- Repairs and inspects lines, valves, and sprinklers on computerized underground lawn sprinkler system.
- Installs new drip and sprinkler systems.
- Completes and signs off on daily irrigation inspections.
- Makes all necessary repairs to the irrigation system as required.
- Monitors campus daily to look for stressed plant material, makes repairs and adjustments as needed.
- Monitors soil moisture daily during inspections.
- Train to use the Maxicom irrigation system.
- Removes old systems and recovers reusable equipment.
- Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve clocks as required.
- Troubleshoots computerized electronic systems, irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all types.
- Maps systems for campus-wide master plans. May review or make changes to contract specifications.
- Puts out rye and fescue seed.
- Put out ice melt and remove ice during winter.
- May instruct others in minor irrigation repairs.
- Operates tractors and trenchers to install/repair lines.
- May operate various snow removal equipment and shovel snow and ice from designated areas.
- May assist in coordination with other departments or outside contractors.
- Assist in preparing campus for special events.
- May put out grass seed and work prepping turf areas for seed or sod.
- Performs other landscape duties as required.
- Works with groundskeepers and trash/recycle techs as required.
- Work all home football games the following Sundays if necessary for cleanup.
- Work all spring and winter graduation ceremonies.
- Work student move in each fall, during week and on weekends if necessary.
- Provide functional/operational support to campus as essential personnel during times of emergency, catastrophe, inclement weather, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years irrigation work experience
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification and/or Irrigator’s License may be required.
- Requires a valid Driver's License
- Requires manual dexterity and precision measurements.
- Work in a safe, skillful and timely manner.
- Operate a motor vehicle and heavy equipment used in irrigation trade.
- Understand and use proper safety procedures.
- Work continually in a variety of weather conditions.
- Move heavy objects over fifty pounds.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.