Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
JOB SUMMARY: Secure detailed final arrangements in the areas of meeting and menu planning, plus the production of Banquet Event Orders. Solicit and respond to leads for local catering & social functions.
- Handles all group requirements for booked conventions and groups as assigned by the Conference Service Manager. This will include finalizing catering menus, meeting room specifications and group resumes.
- Prepares and process all paperwork required, such as social event contracts, BEOs, resumes and all client correspondence related to upcoming definite group bookings.
- Maintains working relationship with all clients from initial file turnover through all pre-planning stages of the program; up to group arrival day.
- Responds to leads and work toward definite status for local and social food & beverage functions and meetings.
- Prepares and distributes daily and/or weekly reports as determined by Company standards along with Weekly Resumes and BEO Packet.
- Prepares informational packets (Resumes, BEOs) for distribution to other operating departments.
- Provides detailed communication and timely follow-through with both the client and the in-house staff to ensure exact client requirements are met and satisfied.
- Disseminates information, on behalf of the client, to all key team-members on the Staff.
- Effectively communicates with Front Desk and Food and Beverage regarding group functions and special events keeping both departments aware of any special needs or contract changes well in advance of the function.
- Supports Conference Grounds’ business and guest service goals and standards.
- Recognizes the importance of meeting deadlines. Available for onsite meetings as needed with client, Conference Service Manager, Sales Manager, and Food and Beverage Department.
- Demonstrates, exhibits teamwork, answers telephone inquiries, maintains the conference service files and performs other administrative functions.
- Represents Aramark professionally and ethically at all times.
- Interfaces as needed with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of customer service in pursuit of complete guest satisfaction.
- Coordinates, set up, service, and clean up of group functions and special events in accordance with Aramark standards and safety and sanitation policies. Checks function set-up and coverage
- Performs additional tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and insures compliance with these policies and procedures.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) of clients, banquet staff, and other employees.
- Must possess general knowledge of food and beverage and service procedures, generally involving two (2) years previous working experience in food and beverage sales.
- Must be able to deal with guests courteously and efficiently.
- Must be able to lead, motivate, and relate to others.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.