Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: Lead – Food Service Workers oversee operations; supporting and training. The Food Service Workers. They ensure all preparations have been completed in advance for the day, assist with scheduling work assignments, and ensure all Food Service Workers are on task for delivering superior customer service. Lead – Food Service Workers are expected to serve as an example for the Food Service Workers to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, delivering exemplary customer service and successfully resolving any guest situations that may arise. Furthermore, they must be able to maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere in the absence of management. This position also requires the ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and vendors in a positive and supportive manner; diplomatically handling guest complaints.
- Perform all food service worker duties
- Oversee operations to ensure everything runs smoothly
- Support the Food Service Workers – ensure all opening and closing tasks are completed
- Audit working banks to ensure accuracy and accountability
- Ensure Food Service Workers remain active during down time by prepping, stocking, cleaning and completing other relevant projects
- Take charge when unforeseen complications arise and maintain a positive attitude during stressful situations
- Respond directly to all customer complaints and ensure they are resolved efficiently and immediately in a professional manner
- Ensure proper handling of all food products and equipment is maintained, to ensure food safety and kitchen standards are adhered to at all times
- Ensure cleanliness and high sanitation standards are maintained at all times
- Organize and maintain stock rooms and walk-in refrigerators
- Train food service workers on all aspects of the role including cooking, cash–handling skills, OSHA safety standards, and guest service skills
- Assist Restaurant Manager with food and beverage cost control in relation to established budgets
- May be required to order and receive food product from vendors – check in by item on invoice and input in receiving log
- May be required to assist with scheduling to ensure snack bars are adequately staffed at all times and that labor budgets are adhered to
- May be required to complete reports – such as Cost of Sales analysis and monthly operating reports
- Assist in conducting food and beverage inventories – note any out of stock items or possible shortages
- Must be flexible – willing to work a rotational schedule with rotational days off that may include weekends and holidays
- Must be well groomed and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Share innovative ideas to improve efficiency and operations
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- The Lead – Food Service Worker must be able to support and oversee Food Service Workers to ensure the highest levels of customer service are adhered to; ensuring the snack bar operates as smoothly and efficiently as possible
- The Lead – Food Service Worker should demonstrate strong time-management, communication (oral & written) and organization skills. They should be confident, courteous and positive and able to multi-task and thrive under pressure
- Must meet state age requirements to serve alcohol
- Must have a valid TIPs card to serve alcohol
- Must complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written – able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Basic mathematical skills are required – must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Previous customer service, food serving, food preparation, cooking experience and experience in a lead role is preferred
Oven, Blender, Grill, Microwave, Calculator, Cutlery, Espresso Machine, Cash Register
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.