Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The grill cook takes orders for grill food items, cooks and prepares the order, and gives the order to the customer. Providing quality service is essential to customer satisfaction.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Sets up and breaks down the grill station
- Provides friendly and helpful customer service
- Takes the customer's order and prepares the order according to recipe, keeping in mind additional customer specifications or dietary needs
- Cooks items according to the specified cook times to ensure that they are safe for customer consumption
- Uses the correct portions when cutting and serving items
- Anticipates peak and non-peak service times; batch cooks food items accordingly
- Responsible for the appearance of food when serving to customers
- Restocks the station with condiments and food product as needed
- Adheres to the weekly/monthly cleaning schedules by completing the assigned tasks
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Lifts food pans from warmer to the serving line
- Operates and cleans grill station (flat-top grill, char grill, hood vents, fryers, etc.)
- Safely operates a meat slicer and executes proper knife handling
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-trains at other stations at the location
- Works in other areas or departments as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team
Work Environment: Mostly works in front-of-house. Requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time. Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Time management skills
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1 year experience in the food service industry
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions
- Includes nights and weekends
- ServSafe Certified
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.