Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
The Sales Consultant is responsible for securing new and repeat business to meet/exceed desired revenue and profitability goals for the component.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Proactively seeks out new business in group sales and catered events
- Must be responsive to customer needs and requests, continually evaluating the quality of the products and services provided to the customer
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of contracts
- Prepares proposals, sales contracts and resumes
- Completes rate negotiations, contract negotiations, BEOs and collection of deposits.
- Measures results and redefines the plan as needed to achieve/exceed individual sales goals and property budget
- Administers event follow
sup to include the distribution of
- Participate in site tours, site selections, sales meetings, outside sales functions, community involvement groups, and various functions hosted by the CVB, Chamber of Commerce and others
- Directs the implementation and follow through of all sales standards and initiatives according to Aramark guidelines and Standards of Operation
- Ensures timely communication of event needs to conference planners and operations team
- Increases account revenue and/or operating profit contribution by promoting ancillary speed and creating other opportunities for growth. Up sells and makes creative suggestions to clients
- Creates quarterly plans and actions to successfully achieve/exceed budget
- Identifies and recommends new sale and revenue opportunities
- Maintains an awareness of the competition and market conditions internal and external to the component
- Demonstrates a proactive and enthusiastic attitude in striving for and meeting component’s business goals and objectives.
- Recognizes the need for and demonstrates good communication and listening skills with clients, customers, and employees
- Represents Aramark both professionally and ethically at all times
- Responsible for full use of sales and catering system
- Regularly visit and shop the competition to stay abreast of their rate strategies, clientele and any changes in facilities, services and market position
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in sales, group catering events or like employment
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Planning, organizing and effective time management skills
- Experience with computer applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Maestro, Opera, Springer Miller System or other property management systems. Other experience with sales based applications
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals & objectives
- General financial acumen
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.