Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Follow production guidelines for departments, including but not limited to the Bakery, Catering and Commissary
- Responsible for knowing methods of baking, cooking, and food preparation
- Bakes and otherwise prepares food according to recipes, brand standards, and health and safety regulations
- Must have basic knowledge of measurements for volume and weight of ingredients and food product
- Evaluate food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Set up and break down work stations
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station including equipment and utensils
- Responsible for using correct portions when baking, preparing, and serving items
- Responsible for the presentation and display of all foods prepared in the bakery
- Serve bakery items to customers and answer questions about food product
- Must be able to safely operate machinery and equipment
- Must be able to read, scale and follow recipes
- Must be able to understand and follow directions from the Manager/Supervisor
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, up to 6 hours
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 40 lbs
- Ability to push, pull, or carry up to 30 lbs
- Involves repetitive motion
- Involves working with chemicals, heated equipment, steam and at other risk conditions
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-train at other stations as required by your manager
- Work in other areas as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have good time management skills the ability to multi-task
- Minimum 6 months experience in the food service industry as a baker
- ServeSafe Certified
- Creativity and interest in food presentations
- Minimum 2 years experience in the food service industry as a baker
Work Environment: Most often back-of-house, some front-of-house duties during meal periods. Ability to work in the kitchen/bakery and interact with heated equipment, steam, loud noise and other at risk conditions. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, etc. Involves repetitive motion.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.