Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Cashiers sell a variety of souvenirs to guests. Cashiers are flexible, willing to help out wherever needed. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail, accurate cashier skills, and a strong dedication to customer service along with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Maintain a daily bank and be accountable for all transactions
- Handle cash, traveler’s checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
- Must be proficient in counting money and providing guests with change whenever needed
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the work area at all times – dispose of trash and clean all areas
- Maintain daily side work –ensure any required logs are completed in a timely manner also complete any restocking and cleaning duties
- May be required to keep an inventory of stock - noting any out of stock items or possible shortages
- Cash out point of sale system and complete closing accounts at the end of each day
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- At the end of the shift Cashiers must prepare for the next shift by cleaning designated areas and returning all food items to designated storage areas – making sure to cover and date all perishable items
- May be required to train other employees on the role
- May be cross trained to work in other areas
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
- Develop a strong knowledge of all products offered in order to constantly up sell
- Cashiers should be highly knowledgeable about the surrounding areas
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Position requires the ability to multi-task, a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills, attention to detail focusand a positive attitude
- Position Reports to Retail Manager
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written – able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Basic mathematical skills are required – must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred
- Should be able to work all department shifts
- Basic understanding of cash handling
- Good customer service skills and a pleasant manner
- Good organizational skills
POS System, Calculator, Telephone
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.