Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The cashier position is vital to achieving positive customer service and is responsible for successfully completing the financial transaction with the customer and maintaining the balance of the cash drawer at all times.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive attitude and smile
- Greet customers as they approach the cash register and be polite with customers during the transaction
- Must have knowledge of cash register, credit card machines, and Aramark cashier policy in order to effectively service the customer
- Must be familiar with all menu items and pricing to effectively complete financial transactions and answer questions from customers
- Maintain an organized, neat and clean cashier station
- Stock service areas with paper goods, condiments, beverages, and food items as needed
- Count, organize, and balance the cash drawer; fill out the cashier slip; and make deposits while in the presence of a manager or supervisor
- Distribute promotional material and customer loyalty rewards as necessary
- Monitor theft in the location and report incidents to managers
- Assist with daily functions in the kitchen, food court, or dining room during down time
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Ability to understand and follow directions given by management
- Report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
- Involves repetitive motion
- Cashier is also responsible for making coffee at our Java City Coffee
- Counter which is located in the café.
- Preparing morning café set up to include: placement of cold cereal, all am and pm signage, light cleaning duties such as wiping counters, filling and cleaning condiment counters etc.
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-train at other positions in the location
- Work at other stations and in other departments as necessary
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team
Work Environment: Front-of-house, cash register station, dining room floor. Involves repetitive motion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have the ability to multitask and solve problems
- Experience running a cash register, knowledge of processing a credit card reader and performing credit card transactions
- Math skills for counting money and providing correct change
- Experience in the food service industry or grocery is highly desirable
- High school education or equivalent
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.