Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for execution of the meal and understanding the timing of food production and to have all components of ready for consumption
- Responsible for expediting and maintaining the amount of food produced based on forecasted demand during peak and non-peak service times
- Communicate with the management to maintain the level of food quality that is expected
- Ensure daily communication between the day and night shifts regarding items that require long cooking times and planning for upcoming meals
- Communicate any issues to the staff which could affect the service before each meal period
- Ability to cook and prepare food according to production guidelines and recipes
- Knowledge of food product, identification, and acceptable level of food quality
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to insure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Cuts, trims, bones and carves meats and poultry for cooking
- Evaluate food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Ensure food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
- Evaluate front-of-house presentation and make changes to food displays as needed
- Sets up/Breaks down work station
- Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary work station, equipment, and utensils
- Must be trained to safely operate all kitchen equipment (choppers, slicers, ovens, steamers, a variety of knives, etc.)
- Responsible for training servers on use of correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items
- Maintain production results of each meal
- Communicate with management regarding food product that needs to be ordered for upcoming production plans
- Report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
Additional Job Functions:
- Serve Safe certified
- Work in other areas as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Work Environment: Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
Full Time: Monday-Friday 6 AM-2:30 PM
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customers service
- Must have the ability to manage and support the kitchen staff
- Minimum 2 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Culinary training or degree
- 3 or more years experience in the food service industry as a cook
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.