Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Servers establish a welcoming atmosphere from the minute they first greet guests at their table. Servers take orders, deliver food, and carry service trays while demonstrating exemplary guest service skills. The server also assists galley staff, bartenders, and deckhands to ensure smooth cruise and event operations. Cruise Lake Mead while you work and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Lake Mead Cruises team with Aramark.
This is a part-time seasonal position, with regular cruises scheduled February through November and occasional special events through December and January. Servers hired now will work regularly through the end of October and have the option to continue special event work through the winter and return to regular work in April.
- Greet guests
- Accurately record and transmit orders
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the our menus offerings be able to give full descriptions of food and beverage items and know full product details including allergy information
- Carry service tray to deliver and serve food and beverages to table
- Work with galley staff to coordinate and collect orders efficiently
- Polish and set up dishes, glassware, and place settings
- Assist in preparing for cruises and special events by setting up and breaking down chairs, tables, buffets, center pieces, etc.
- Complete all bussing duties when required
- Maintain daily side work ensuring any required checklists are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere in the boat's dining areas at all times
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- May be required to train other employees, educating them on menu items and other aspects of the role
- May be required to work special functions
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in clean and complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- This position is subject to pre-employment, random, and post-accident/reasonable suspicion drug testing compliant with federal Coast Guard regulations. This includes screening for marijuana and other federally regulated substances.
- Should be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have or be able to obtain a Southern Nevada Health District Food Handler's Safety Training Card
- Must have or be able to obtain an Alcohol Awareness Training Card
- Must complete Aramark food-handler training post-hire
- Any related customer service/oriented experience will be considered.
- Requires full understanding and knowledge of food and beverage standards.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in fluent English.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.