Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s Healthcare Technologies business is the largest independent provider of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web.
As a team member of the Clinical Engineering-Distribution Department, in addition to the specific responsibilities outlined below, you are expected to demonstrate an understanding of the vision and core values of the client. Through this collective challenge, you must exhibit integrity, teamwork, innovation, and a dedication to your personal development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will clean, deliver, perform minor maintenance on distribution medical equipment according to the department policies and procedures.Will be responsible for inventory tracking, supplies and customer service responsibilities.
Adheres to the following guidelines and responsibilities 100% of the time.
- Follows established department procedures to accurately verify and deliver the proper equipment by visually checking department requests and obtaining a verbal verification as needed.
- Delivers and/or sets up required equipment at various patient care areas throughout the hospital in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reports to the nursing unit and notifies nursing staff of equipment being delivered and/or pickup up and records delivery and/or pick up.
- Initiates or assists in transfer process of equipment from or to the Distribution department.
- Communicates to supervisor the completion of assigned duties and proceeds as instructed. If a delay or problem occurs in delivery of equipment, Distributor informs supervisor immediately and proceeds according to instructions issued.
- Provides directions and other helpful information to visitors and others while performing distribution duties.
- Returns equipment promptly to the CES area after pick-up and performs proper cleaning and infection control procedures. Performs basic operational check on all equipment made ready for distribution.
- Dresses in accordance with the dress code while adhering to proper hygiene when reporting for work and performing job duties.
- Adheres to the established policies addressing the confidentiality of patient information.
- Displays positive working relations with team members and customers throughout the hospital, communicating positively and appropriately.
- Assists in training new employees.
- Performs other duties as required.
Ability to communicate effectively with Distribution department personnel, Nursing personnel, and Ancillary department personnel.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend, and communicate the English language.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Positive, helpful attitude towards customers.
- Ability to remain calm in less than calm circumstances.
- Flexibility, versatility, and reliability as a team player.
The work environment characteristics described in the following tables are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This is an OSHA category 1 job: tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, and other potentially infectious materials.
Working conditions require extensive standing and walking for long periods of time.
Frequent lifting, pushing, and pulling of equipment up to and over 100 lbs.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.