Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Responsible for providing assistance to the Director of Catering as assigned: answering telephone, complete Banquet Event Orders (BEO), answer account questions, collecting/posting payment for events, ensure catering file completed, complete thank you notes, correspondence. Complete weekly event calendars, any required correspondence to guest and to client, copy, distribute BEOs, attend BEO meetings ensuring BEOs are updated/accurate. Catering Coordinator will assist the Director of Catering during an event when required. Coordinator will work with client directly on occasion and coordinate internal catering orders delivery, set up and break down.
- Partners with the Catering manager(s) to ensure clients needs are met, completes assigned tasks.
- Gathers all pertinent information from meetings, distributes BEO or minutes
- Ensures calendars/schedules are accurate, up to date.
- Monitors deadlines and follows-up to ensure guarantees & payments are timely
- Completes tasks as assigned from Director of Catering
- Distributes BEO’s to client/customer for review and signed approval. Each booking is to have a signed BEO in each file.
- Distributes all information gathered on meetings, banquets and special events to operations staff at least five (5) days in advance of the group’s arrival.
- Completes & issues required correspondence – thank you notes, notices, memos,
- Greet the on-site contact, and inspects all meeting/banquet space before the start of the event ensuring that the room has been set-up properly, in accordance with the BEO’s, and takes measures to adjust/correct before group’s arrival in the absence of Catering Managers
- Checks-in with meeting/banquet contact periodically throughout the event to gauge needs and satisfaction in the absence of the Director of Catering/Mgrs
- Ensures each Catering file is complete/accurate and submits to Accounting accurate final billings the day following an event.
- Submits all vendor invoices with approved PO to Office Mgr on weekly basis.
- Archives old booking files within one week following an event.
- Ensures office phone coverage
- Attends and participates in all required meetings including weekly BEO meeting
- Completes assigned special projects
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
This position reports to the Director of Catering. Working hours must be flexible as events are held during the day, nights and weekends.
2-3 years special event planning or coordination experience in a Hotel, Conference Center or Banquet Site. College degree preferred but not required.
Radio, Telephone, Computer (must be proficient in Word Processing and Excel), Copier, Fax Machine
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.