Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: (DINING ROOM SPECIFIC)
The Host/Hostess position is a compilation of all restaurant duties and responsibilities. Hosts/Hostesses establish a welcoming atmosphere from the minute a guest arrives at the restaurant. Restaurant reservations are taken, table allocations are coordinated and guests are shown to their table. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail, accurate cashier skills, and a strong dedication to customer service along with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Hosts/Hostesses greet guests as they arrive and depart in a timely manner – always delivering exemplary customer service
- Hosts/Hostesses handle restaurant reservations for all guests
- Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills, positive attitude and exceptional time management.
- Coordinate tour group dining reservations when needed with the front desk and Togwotee Adventures.
- Ensure any special services for diners are accommodated and arranged
- Accommodate guests in an organized manner – ensuring optimum use of tables
- Ensure all menus are clean and in immaculate condition
- Escort guests to tables and present menus
- Ensure servers are notified immediately when their tables are sat
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the restaurant at all times
- May be required to perform busser and cashier duties
- Work closely with the kitchen staff and servers optimizing communication to ensure efficient operations
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Greet and say goodbye to all guests – ask how their experience was – ensure they leave with a good impression-Advise on myguestexperience and trip advisor.
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- May be required to train other employees on the role
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule, including weekends, holidays and over time.
- Will occasionally be required to work special functions
- Report to work on time and in complete and proper uniform
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- The Host/Hostess reports to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Must have the ability to follow all safety and sanitation procedures
- Must be able to work efficiently – prepared to help wherever needed
- Should be able to work all department shifts.
- An extensive knowledge of food and beverage service
- Good customer service skills and a pleasant manner
- Good organizational skills
- Prior experience in a high volume restaurant position
- Must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid TIPs card
- Must complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification
- Must be fluent in the English language
- Hosts/Hostesses required to drive a golf cart to deliver room service must become Cart Safety certified prior to first driving the golf cart and they must also be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.