Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: Performs cashier duties and acts as group leader. Trains new cashiers and enforces the cash handling standards. The lead cashier position is vital to achieving positive customer service. The incumbent is responsible for successfully completing financial transactions with customers and maintaining the balance of the cash drawer at all times.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive attitude and smile
- Greet customers as they approach the cash register and be polite during the transaction
- Must have knowledge of cash registers, credit card machines, and the Aramark cashier policy in order to effectively service the customer
- Must be familiar with all menu items and pricing to effectively complete financial transactions and answer questions from customers
- Keep a record of the amount of money received each day, which may involve reading and recording totals shown on cash register tape and verifying against cash on hand
- Make change for cashiers and verifies bags
- Conduct audits on a weekly basis
- Train new cashiers
- Maintain an organized, neat and clean cashier station
- Stock service areas with paper goods, condiments, beverages, and food items as needed
- Count, organize, and balance the cash drawer; fill out the cashier slip; and make deposits while in the presence of a manager or supervisor
- Distribute promotional material and customer loyalty rewards as necessary
- Monitor theft in the location and report incidents to managers
- Assist with daily functions in the kitchen, food court, or dining room during down time
- Ability to understand and follow directions given by management
- Understand the proper use of and storage of chemicals used in the location. Be familiar with the chemical MSDS book and its contents.
- Daily use of the correct PPE for the task assigned
- Report all injuries immediately to your manager/supervisor
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-train at other positions in the location
- Work at other stations and in other departments as necessary
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversees and directs cashiers to ensure timely and effective service of customers
- Occasionally inside kitchen area/dish room and includes interaction with heated equipment, steam. Loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions
- Must be fluent in English language, both spoken and written
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Experience running a cash register, knowledge of processing a credit card reader and performing credit card transactions
- Math skills for counting money and providing correct change
- Must have at least 1 year supervisory experience; 3 years job experience.
- Successful completion of the Aramark Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
- Experience in food service industry
- Courtesy and tack in dealing with guests, co-workers, as well as others in the college community
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.