Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Retail Manager, the Retail Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of Gift Shop services at the lodge so that each location receives the correct product.
- Supervises the receiving and tagging of all incoming merchandise.
- Assigns daily tasks to Gift Shop staff and ensures that the tasks are performed correctly and in a timely manner while maintaining high standards of customer service.
- Oversees the moving of incoming merchandise to retail office, storage area(s) and/or display floor.
- Handles the storing of all incoming merchandise in assigned locations.
- Ensures correct pricing on all products on the floor.
- Maintains customer service standards.
- Cashiers when necessary to expedite the processing of guest’s purchasing.
- Responsible for the recording of damaged merchandise.
- Merchandises the floor for maximum sale of all products.
- Works with team members to facilitate the stocking of the floor with appropriate levels of merchandise.
- Spearheads special projects (i.e. holidays, events, book signings, etc.) when necessary.
- Communicates with Retail Manager to insure that all received products are placed on the retail floor as soon as possible.
- Manages the maintenance of inventory level within guidelines established by General Manager and Retail Manager.
- Follow through with information to team members on new products or procedures utilizing the information book on the floor.
- Work with General Manager and Retail Manager to utilize complete productivity on the floor at all times.
- Interacts with customer for possible merchandising opportunities.
- Takes charge of unpacking and pricing of new merchandise.
- Conducts periodic inventory count based on schedule established by controller and retail buyer.
- Ensures that packing slips and invoices are reconciled by the retail clerk.
- Full understanding of the point of sale system
- Assists all lodge guests in any possible way
- Follows and implements all Wage and Hour standards/procedures; to include meal breaks and schedules.
- In partnership with the Retail Manager, schedules Gift Shop staff on a weekly basis and determines appropriate break schedules to maximize floor coverage and customer service.
- Trains new hires on POS system, overall safety and job responsibilities
- Follows, implements, and follows up all emergency procedures.
- Follows ARAMARK policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Front Desk manager.
Status and Scope:
- Reports to Retail Manager
Two years experience in a like employment
Telephone, computer, Micros POS System
Travel Requirements: None
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.