Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Food Service Worker sub positions available working on a as-needed basis. Schedule coincides with Charleston School District school calendar. Off all major holidays, 2 weeks at Winter Break, 1 week at Spring Break and off in the summers. Perfect job for a parent with students in school or a retired person.
- Measure and mix ingredients according to standardized recipes using equipment to prepare entrees, salads, sandwiches, casseroles, and other food items
- Bake and roast meats, vegetables and other foods
- Wrap sandwiches and prepare salads and or cold sandwiches
- Wash, peel, cut, and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- Observe and test food being cooked by tasting, smelling, and taking temperature to assure it is cooked properly
- Serve food at proper portions as requested
- Replenish food on serving lines as needed
- Ensure food items and supplies are checked in as they arrive
- Adhere to all HACCP regulations for sanitation, food handling, and storage
- Ensure daily cleaning and sterilization of all dishes and cooking utensils
- Organize and assist in cleaning of refrigerators, freezers, and cooking and serving equipment at the regularly scheduled intervals
- Attend in-service meetings as scheduled by the Director/Lead
- Adhere to the uniform policy
- May cashier utilizing the districts POS (Point of Service) system
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must pass required background check and drug test
BE ABLE TO:
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work
- Read instructions for items to be made
- Use math to calculate change
- Work with client(s) with tact and diplomacy
- Perform work that is routine and organized
- Lifting twenty (20) pounds unassisted and more with assistance; frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- Reaching, handling, seeing, standing, walking
- Inside Job (defined as spending approximately 75% or more of the time inside)
- Temperature changes: variations in temperature, which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.
- Foodservice Sanitation Certificate as needed
- High School diploma/GED
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.