Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The Snowmobile Guide position offers the guests who visit Zephyr Cove Resorts an opportunity to experience the surroundings of the area in a more intimate manner.
- The Snowmobile Guide will be assigned with the responsibility of leading guests of all ages on an organized and informative excursion.
- The Guide will be responsible for educating themselves on the local geography, geology, history and terrain so that they are well-prepared to interpretive these aspects of the area to the guest
- The Guide will typically get their assignment on the day before the ride is scheduled.
- They will report for their work shift ready for the ride with the essential gear outlined in the Safety and Operations manual.
- They will make sure that all gear is in good condition and depart for their pick-up/meeting assignments.
- The Guide will double check to make sure that both the First Aid kit, Avalanche Beacon and the emergency cell phone are on their person.
- The Guide will greet each guest, brief them on the plans for the activity, present them with the Acknowledgement of Risk form and collect the necessary vouchers or tickets from each participant.
- The Guide will give a detailed safety briefing and assess each guest on their ability to participate in the activity.
- The Guide will conduct the activity, maintaining control and leadership, and provide valuable interpretive knowledge for the guests.
- The Guide will be capable of safely operating a snowmobile on Forest Service trails and backcountry terrain and will be trained in the proper procedures for filling out required training and operational paperwork.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Reports to department manager
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Can read, understand and clearly speak English.
- Must possess a minimum current certification in Adult First Aid/CPR and a valid U.S. Drivers License.
- The Snowmobile Guide should have a strong desire to excel in the recreation and tourism field and demonstrate comfort in an outdoor environment.
- A history of outdoor recreation experience is preferred along with some form of interpretive training.
- Avalanche training preferred
- Must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check (MVR)
- Pre-employment background and drug test are required for this position.
Phone, Calculator, Photocopier, Avalanche Beacon, Snowmobile, Satellite Phone, SPOT
Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.