Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Houseperson is responsible for the delivery of linen and supplies (i.e. Roll-away beds) to the various hotel locations and the collection of dirty linen using a company vehicle.
- Collect and distribute large amounts of linen and supplies to various hotel locations
- Disposal of trash into the proper receptacles
- Gather soiled linens for laundering
- Daily inventory and cleaning of linen storage rooms
- Responsible for stripping and stocking guest rooms with linens and removing trash
- Conduct light maintenance in guest rooms
- Deliver, prepare and pick-up roll-away beds to/from guest rooms
- Organize furniture and bedding in guest rooms
- Clean fireplaces and overhead light fixtures
- Clear sidewalks, pathways and surrounding hotel area of snow and leaves
- Assist Roomskeepers in cleaning rooms as needed
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy.
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform.
- Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope: Reports to Housekeeping Manager. Requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to bend, twist, crouch, push, pull, reach and climb stairs constantly. Must be able to accurately carry out instructions. Must be able to perform repetitive tasks. Attention to detail and focus is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained. Able to identify and communicate problems in English to supervisor.
- Must have current and maintain California driver’s license
- Able to work in a fast-paced working environment
- Must possess basic math skills
- Driving skills required, including the ability to drive a stick shift and automatic vehicle
- Possess a strong problem solving ability
- Must complete Aramark Safety Training Class.
- Past cleaning experience preferred
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.