Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: Unit Leaders are responsible for coordinating and leading multiple service lines and helping to tie the hospitality services together.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a friendly, efficient, and positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers. Is anticipative of/responsive to customer needs.
- Coordinates and leads employees in Transport, Central Supply, Food Service, Housekeeping, the Customer Service Center, Valet, and Linen.
- Responsible for performing patient/customer and employee rounding.
- Responsible for performing service recovery to patients/customers who have received unsatisfactory service.
- Responsible for running shifts and daily operations for all hospitality service lines.
- Supports the area of Food Service by coordinating and/or performing such tasks as patient order, meal delivery, tray pick up and floor stock; monitors and troubleshoots patient refrigerator temperatures and ensures that stock is rotated within the refrigerator.
- Supports the area of Housekeeping by coordinating and/or performing such tasks as daily cleaning, discharges, burnishing, and building tour inspections.
- Supports the Customer Service Center by coordinating and/or performing support service activity which includes taking service calls and dispatching the appropriate personnel to handle the issues; could perform such tasks as way-finding and parking if necessary.
- Supports the area of Transport by coordinating and/or performing any patient and non-patient activity.
- Performs a number of group huddles with employees in each department to communicate with each on any news or changes.
- Gives input on employee evaluations as well as assisting with disciplinary counseling.
- Helps to coach and encourage team members within the hospitality service lines.
- Responsible for various project work, scheduling, and managing of multiple employees.
- Adheres to all Aramark appearance standards and maintains a professional dress at all times while working.
- High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred.
- Must have at least 6 months working experience in Housekeeping, Food Service, Transport, Customer Service, or Supply Service.
- Previous leadership experience is preferred.
- Must be able to lead and communicate with a large number of employees.
- Must have the ability to take initiative for problem solving, decision making, and managing employees.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.