Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Accounting Clerk will assist and support the finance team in directing and executing the locations’ accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining an organization's accounting principles, practices, and procedures. The Accounting Clerk should be prepared to perform various finance related analyses and be able to report on them in an efficient, professional manner. Requires superior level of discretion. Work Environment: Most of the work is performed in a fast-paced office and food service setting with frequent interruptions and with the need to deal with a great diversity of people.
Responsibilities could possibly include but are not limited to:
Assisting in the processes which ensure accurate, timely financial statements for the location. • Performing and reviewing various reconciliations with the ability to resolve variances. • Filing, organizing, and general fact-checking of historical and current operational data. • Working with various departments to meet reporting needs. • Represent Aramark in the highest positive professional fashion to all business partners and outside services. • Assists other departments and perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist as cashier and train new employees on POS
- Assist with catering and prep as needed.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Progress in a course of study in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Finance at an accredited college
- Food Service background benefical
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, ARAMARK operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Must be willing to follow all Aramark Safety Standards
- Proficient computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Available to work a flexible schedule that includes some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Read, Speak, Write and Understand the English Language fluently.
- Previous experience in the bookkeeping or accounting field.
- High School Degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be over 18 with a valid driver’s license.
- Work in an office environment that entails weekly and monthly reporting deadlines.
- One to three years of accounting experience to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations and/or cash management. (Food service environment preferred)
- Previous accounting experience highly desired.
- Associative Degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
Adding Machine, Computer, Photocopier, Printer, Telephone
Travel Requirements: Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.