Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Painters are responsible for applying preparatory materials, paints, and stains to surfaces of walls, ceilings, equipment and furniture throughout the health system.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is anticipative of/responsive to customer needs.
- Applies protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer, and/or other related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, equipment, and other structures.
- Washes, scrapes, sands, torches, and/or smooths interior and exterior surfaces prior to painting, varnishing, lacquering or applying other related materials.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains drywall, wall texturing, and ceiling acoustic texturing.
- Erects various types of scaffolding, staging, ladders, and planks to reach surfaces of work area for painters and others.
- Applies paints, stains, surface preparatory materials, and undercoating materials to a variety of surfaces, as appropriate, and ensures compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
- Determines appropriate color for new or replacement applications through consultation with customer.
- Maintains existing paint surfaces through matching and tinting of appropriate paint products.
- Prepares and implements line striping layouts for streets and parking lots according to Department of Transportation and other various requirements.
- Identifies, handles, and appropriately disposes of paints, stains, preparatory and undercoating materials, and other hazardous materials.
- Creates and applies graphics and signage layouts according to Department of Transportation, Safety, and Americans with Disabilities ACT (ADA) requirements to meet state and federal regulations.
- Performs on call duties, as they are scheduled, and maintains communication status when on call.
- High school degree or G.E.D.
- Minimum six (6) years experience in painting or equivalent trade. Must have completion of a three (3) year federally approved technical training program in painting OR an additional three (3) years experience.
- Ability to interpret diagrams and job specifications in order to make minor repairs.
- Knowledge and skill in hazardous materials handling, application, and disposal.
- Must have the ability to prepare and apply paints, stains, and surface preparation materials to a wide variety of surfaces.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.