Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
About the Washington State Convention Center
For over 25 years, Washington State Convention Center has been the Northwest’s premier meetings and events facility. WSCC welcomes thousands of visitors from around the globe each year, offering award-winning catering menus along with comprehensive, industry-leading services for event planners, exhibitors and guests. Located in the heart of Seattle, a city resonating with innovative minds and a vibrant arts scene, the WSCC is within walking distance of world-class hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and a myriad of the Northwest’s best entertainment and attractions options. With a longstanding commitment to sustainability, public art and modern technology, WSCC serves its surrounding community and provides visitors with a truly unique Northwest experience.
Aramark’s award winning, all Pro-Chef certified culinary team at the WSCC, works hard to exceed the expectations of every guest. We are the only convention center in the country - and the only banquet operation in the city - to be honored with the NACE “Best On-Premise Catering Event” award. Our chefs create unique, regional dishes, made with locally sourced produce, seafood, meats and wines, in our scratch kitchen. Even the flour used in our in-house bakery comes from no-till farms in Eastern Washington. WSCC and Aramark are committed to the underlying ethical standards that match Seattle’s social conscience. What we do in our kitchen for events cannot be duplicated by other convention centers; what we do can only happen in Washington.
We are currently looking for Cooks to help us serve and sell guests of the Washington State Convention Center with passion. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply today.
You must be willing to work event based hours which may include; Days, nights, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and breaks down work stations
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Cooks and prepares food according to production guidelines and recipes
- Knowledge of food product, identification, and acceptable level of food quality
- Ensures food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
- Completes daily temperature logs
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Evaluates food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Cuts, trims, bones, and carves meats and poultry for cooking
- Responsible for using correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
Additional Job Functions:
- Assists in other areas as needed
- Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1½ years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Serve Safe Certified
- High School Education or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
Work Environment: Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.