Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
skilled Forklift Fleet Mechanic is responsible for all daily and long term forklift maintenance and repair activities. It is this mechanic’s responsibility to ensure that all scheduled and unexpected forklift maintenance tasks be completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain and repair electric / internal combustion forklifts, pallet jacks, burden carriers, golf carts and other company material handling equipment(MHE)
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks, including but not limited to: oil changes, tune ups, hydraulic system inspection, belt changes, steering and suspension
- Perform diagnostic and repairs to hydraulic systems, electrical systems, telescopic masts, steering and suspension, diesel engines and fuel systems, propane engine and fuel systems, electric drive vehicles
- Operate and troubleshoot diagnostic equipment
- Dismantle defective forklift parts for repair, using hand tools
- Test and replace electrical components and wiring, using test meters
- Repair or replace defective parts
- Clean and lubricate parts
- Record details of repairs made and parts used
- Track work done and productivity on a daily basis
- Effectively communicate issues to management
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good eyesight, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good physical health, strength and stamina
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a team.
- Technical Skills:
- Ability to read drawings and schematics and interpret specifications
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- Ability to understand and apply industry standards for installation, repairs and safety
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment
- Ability to operate computer-based equipment
- Familiarity with computerized IWMS/CMMS work order process
- Adaptability to work in a diverse environment, focusing on customer satisfaction under high-stress conditions, and organize an effective response to day-to-day requirements, and one-of-a-kind extremes
- Communications skills that invite credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment among key stakeholders in operations, critical facilities, events, and line supervisors
- Responsiveness to supervisory direction, productivity, quality and commitment
- Administrative coordination, regarding job assignments, productivity, time management
- Demonstrated ability to learn maintenance skills.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skills in using predictive maintenance techniques and simplified root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to non-technical or production operators.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Electrical Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of the operating practices of preventive maintenance.
- Lifting requirements Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Forklift Fleet Mechanics must have the ability to work day, afternoons or night shifts. Must be able to pass a standardized Mechanics knowledge test. Must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience performing maintenance on forklifts.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.