Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
JOB DESCRIPTION: GROUNDSKEEPER
This position reports to the Grounds Lead
- Applies pesticides for the purpose of controlling insects and weeds in accordance with established procedures. Assists other grounds and maintenance workers as needed and/or assigned (e.g. pouring cement, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that department and building grounds and maintenance needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Cleans landscaped areas and other District locations as needed and/or assigned (e.g. playgrounds, parking lots, sports fields, stadiums, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that assigned areas remain safe and functional and removing trash and debris.
- Maintains landscaping, grounds, fences, etc. (e.g. cleaning, pruning, mowing, snow removal, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining around District locations in an aesthetic, safe and functional manner.
- Maintains playground equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition in compliance with established guidelines.
- Monitors sprinkler systems and landscaped areas (e.g. school grounds, sports fields, etc.) for the purpose of identifying repairs and/or replacement needs and providing an attractive environment.
- Operates a variety of grounds keeping equipment (e.g. mowers, back hoes, dump trucks, bobcats, trenchers, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining District grounds.
- Performs maintenance and minor repairs as needed (e.g. grounds keeping equipment, shop areas, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring needed equipment is available in a safe operating condition.
- Plants a variety of landscaping materials (e.g. lawns, shrubbery, flowers, etc.) for the purpose of keeping the grounds attractive and protecting against erosion.
- Repairs irrigation systems and components (e.g. valves, wiring, O-ring, electronic timers, switches, timer motors, panels, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring equipment and/or components are in proper working order.
- Requests materials, supplies, equipment, and/or support personnel for the purpose of completing assignments in a timely manner. Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, injured and ill students, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Transports a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, landscaping materials, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Valid Driver’s License & Evidence of Insurability Required.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background clearance,
- Drug Testing clearance
Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in grounds maintenance including tractors, weed whips, mowers, hand and power tools, etc.; and adhering to safety practices. Read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: method of preparing and maintaining various plants, shrubs, lawns, etc.; and safety practices and procedures. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; meeting deadlines and schedules; working under time constraints; and communicating with diverse groups. Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services. Responsibility The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 15% sitting, 45% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and in a generally hazard free environment.
Experience: Job related experience is required.
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Must possess a working knowledge of gasoline powered landscape equipment (mowers, edgers, trimmers, chainsaw, etc)
- Valid Texas drivers license
- Must be able to lift or move heavy objects up to 80 lbs
- Must be able to stand and work as long as 12 hours in different positions
- Must be able to work outdoors and endure temperature and extreme weather
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.