Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Shipping and Receiving Worker is responsible for the expedient and accurate handling of shipments into and out of the main dock operation’s facility. General Shipping and Receiving duties occur within the assigned area of dock operations, and the position supports all the dock operations as needed.
- Lifting, bending, twisting
- Sorting, opening, and labeling of returned 3M products
- Building pallets for company stores and plants
- Picks inventory as instructed.
- Responsible and accountable for the stocking and accurate documentation of all inventory
- Participates in daily/weekly/monthly inventory counts.
- Load and Unload products and materials from truck.
- Move products and materials to warehouse storage.
- Operates manual pallet jack
- Communicate with employees from other shifts.
- General warehouse work as assigned.
- Participates in daily shift briefings.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Uses PCs, hand-held computers or other such devices.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures
- Meet accuracy standards.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS Standards, and all Company work rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude among co-workers and visitors to the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Mail Services Supervisor and MSR Manager with significant interface with customer staff and commercial drivers.
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 100 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 50 – 75 pounds.
- Position requires repetitive motion, overhead reaching, working in both heat and cold.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to push a warehouse cart or manual pallet jack of approximately 600 pounds
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.