Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for maintaining appropriate staffing levels for all concessions operations. This includes recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling and management all Front Line Associates as well as NPO fundraising partners. All associated documentation must be maintained in relation to these functions.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities - including but not limited to:
- Recruitment and training of new and current non-profit fundraising partners.
- Creation, collection, distribution and maintenance of all non-profit group documents.
- Presentation and enforcement of company policies and procedures to non-profit partners and FLAs.
- All events staffed per operational needs.
- Check-in managed at events, including bank distribution.
- Ordering, distribution, maintenance and recording of uniforms given to non-profit partners and FLAs.
- Assessment and coaching of NPO performance.
- Weekly reporting of NPO commission to Accounts Payable.
- Tips training and tracking for non-profit partners and FLAs – appropriate record keeping as applicable.
- Maintenance of employee availability.
- Employee attendance tracking.
- Accurate employee schedules written – assistance given from operational supervisors and director when needed.
- Employee schedules and contacts communicated and confirmed weekly.
- Manual timeclock edits/TJVs properly documented and communicated as applicable daily.
- Employee staffing levels maintained per business demands including but not limited to: Inclusive of interviewing, hiring, onboarding and ensuring all FLAs are current on any required trainings, policies and orientations.
- Employee attendance and request off records accurately maintained.
- Execution of disciplinary action in relation to attendance and scheduling only.
- Keeping payroll system(s) and all reporting as related to schedules and labor factors updated and current as applicable – WFM, Productivity Portal, LST, etc.
- Stand paperwork prepared prior to each event.
- Must be available to work event based hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, organization skills, and attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years work experience in food service
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
Work Environment: Unit offices, back-of-house. Involves repetitive motion.
Prior experience and understanding of Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word and Excel.
Telephone, Calculator,Photocopier,MICROS POS System, Computer, Fax Machine
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.