Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The Housekeeping Utility Worker serves a variety of essential roles which include quality room cleaning, linen and supply deliveries, restocking utility closets, deep cleaning the lobby and pool floors, operating cleaning equipment along with other miscellaneous duties. Utility Workers are required to maintain a safe sanitary work environment. Utility Workers are also required to gain an extensive knowledge of the proper use and cleaning techniques for housekeeping equipment including but not limited to floor scrubbers, utility carts, vacuums, pool tile cleaner, and other cleaning equipment.
- Ensure a clean, safe and pleasant atmosphere is maintained in the lodge at all times
- Perform any opening and closing side work as required
- Maintain utility closets and storage areas and ensure they are kept clean
- Ensure at all times that safety guidelines and company quality standards are adhered to
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Operate floor scrubber machine – set-up, load, run and clean once process is complete
- Maintain vacuum machine cleanliness – ensure filters and containers are frequently emptied
- Place clean linens and supplies on correct shelves ready to be used again
- Keep lobby floors swept and mopped at all times
- Empty all trash bags and keep trash dumpster areas clean
- Utility Workers may be required to work the evening cleaning vending areas, cleaning equipment, and organizing utility closets
- Report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions and practices to manager immediately
- Report to work in proper uniform
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
- Must be well groomed and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Reports to The Housekeeping Supervisor or Director of Quality Assurance
- Must be able to work independently and finish tasks in a timely manner
- Must be able to accurately carry out instructions
- Must be able to do repetitive tasks
- An attention to detail focus is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained
- Must be fluent in the English language
Radio/Telephone, Floor/Carpet Scrubber, Utility Carts, Cleaning Products, Hand Tools, Cleaning Tools
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.