Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a friendly, efficient, and positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers. Is anticipative of/responsive to customer needs.
- Transports patients to and from hospital service areas/patient rooms as directed.
- Understands the principles of hard surface floor maintenance and uses proper procedures on hard floor care (stripping & refinishing, burnishing, spray cleaning, and spray buffing).
- Utilizes automated floor cleaning equipment according to schedule for cleaning of large area of floor surface.
- Operates and moves beds, stretchers, and medical equipment that is associated with the job.
- Verifies at least two patient identification items before transporting patient and maintains patient and family confidentiality (HIPAA).
- Safely moves patients with traction, IVs, drainage apparatus, oxygen, and other encumbrances.
- Ensures that the dispatcher is informed of any delays, cancellations, and changes in the mode of transportation, as appropriate.
- Follows the dispatcher’s instructions as assigned and maintains proper communication as necessary.
- Understands and follows all system and departmental policies regarding blood and body fluids precautions, exposure control, and hazardous waste.
- Proper handling of clean linen distribution and soiled linen pick up, personal linen as applicable.
- Adheres to all Aramark appearance standards and maintains a professional dress at all times while working.
- Observes and reports to appropriate staff any unusual situations, reactions, or conditions of patients.
- Maintains the confidentiality of health-related/sensitive information of both patients and employees.
- High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred. Current student considered.
- Knowledge of floor care equipment and delivery systems is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.