Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Transports patients, patient’s belongings, medical records, meds from pharmacy, hospital equipment and specimens both on and off campus via wheelchair, stretcher, bed, cart and/or van utilizing the dispatch function of the Hospital Transportation computer and two-way radio communication system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
- Provides transportation to various areas of the institution to facilitate patient care.
- Safely transports patients and their belongings, medical records, charts, blood, specimen and equipment to various areas of the institution.
- Safely moves patients with traction, IV’s, drainage apparatus, oxygen and other encumbrances.
- Prepares cots for delivery and picks up and delivers CS equipment and other requests, as needed.
- Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains compliance with Aramark’s standards of operation. Adheres to Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all local, stated and federal regulations and codes.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of federal, state and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
- Follows established department procedure to accurately verify and transport the proper patient by visually checking patient identification or verifying with nursing staff.
- Notifies dispatcher of status of assigned duties and proceeds as instructed.
- Transports patients upon admissions and discharge helping the patient in and out of vehicles at entrances.
- Dresses in designated uniform and adhering to proper hygiene when reporting to work and performing job duties.
- Adheres to the established policies addressing the confidentiality of patient information.
- Transports bodies to the morgue in a timely manner and ensures that proper documentation is completed.
- Provides emergency assistance to patients who become ill during transport process until proper staff can be notified and assistance arrives.
- Responds to Level I and Level II traumas at specified times.
- Assists in training new employees.
- Performs all other related duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, have a strong work ethic, and be mindful of quality. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position prefers a high school education or general education degree (GED).
- Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred.
- CPR certification required within 90 days of date of hire.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in the English language.
- Maintains a safe driving record.
- Ability to apply elementary math functions.
- Ability to work well under time constraints.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.