Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The Retail Lead oversee store operations; supporting and training the utility workers and cashiers. They assign the day’s work tasks to The Sales Associates and General Utility Workers; ensuring all preparations are completed in advance for the day ahead and that the team is on task for delivering superior guest service. Retail Lead Workers are expected to serve as an example for the Retail Workers and General Utility Workers to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, delivering exemplary customer service and successfully resolving any guest situations that may arise. Furthermore, they must be able to maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere even in the absence of management.
- Perform all Sales Associate and General Utility Worker duties
- Hold pre-shift meetings to ensure that the team are aware of the day’s tasks, visiting VIPs, Be the Difference & Safety of the day and any other miscellaneous information to ensure successful operations
- Retail Leads should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, boat rentals, food & beverage opening hours and services, tours and activities and surrounding area amenities and activities such as other National Parks in The Grand Circle
- Ensure all guests are greeted from when they walk into the store
- Train Sales Associatesand General Utility Workers on all aspects of the role helping to develop a team of customer service focused professionals
- Ensure all Sales Associates and General Utility Workers complete duties and assignments accurately while maintaining smooth operations
- Ensure everything operates smoothly in manager’s absence and that all customer relations issues are handled effectively
- Respond directly to all customer complaints and ensure they are resolved efficiently and immediately in a professional manner which does not negatively impact on the reputation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas
- Keep an inventory of stock - noting any out of stock items or possible shortages
- Order merchandise and other items in appropriate quantities from warehouse and vendors to meet demand
- Verify all fire equipment is maintained properly
- Retail Leads may be required to complete monthly safety inspections, electrical and RV meter readings and file incident and injury reports on an ongoing basis
- Must ensure cleanliness and a pleasant atmosphere store at all times
- Audit working banks to ensure accuracy and accountability
- Collect and compile daily cash and sales data from all outlets utilizing Microsoft Excel and various Point Of Sales and Property Management System software programs
- Oversee nightly close out and balance cash with daily sales at the end of the shift
- May be required to perform nightly audit of cashier documentation
- Retail Leads are required to assist management in scheduling all employees in accordance with labor budgets and assigning work tasks to the Sales Associates and General Utility Workers
- May be required to assist with hiring General Utility Workers and Sales Associates
- Reatail Lead may be required to coordinate, correct, track and submit payroll for the department; ensuring accuracy, proper transfer of labor and timely weekly reporting
- Must be flexible – willing to work a rotational schedule with rotational days off that may include weekends and holidays
- Must be well groomed and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Retail Lead reports to the Retail Supervisor
- Retail Lead should have excellent communication and public relations skills
- Retail Lead must be able to support and oversee the team to ensure the highest levels of customer service are adhered to; that all tasks are completed, ensuring smooth operations
- Retail Lead must be comfortable being on their feet all day
- Must be 21+ and have a valid TIPs card
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Mathematical skills are required – in order to facilitate sales reports and audits
- Must be computer literate in MS Office programs
Photocopier, Vacuum Cleaner, Calculator, Printer, Telephone, Computer, POS System
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING FREQUENT
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.