Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
This job exists to safeguard the monetary receipts of Aramark at The Tampa Convention Center, maintain cashier banks, and process all deposits to the bank.
The Cash Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining the monetary funds of Aramark at The Tampa Convention Center, issuing and receiving all cashiers’ banks, processing all deposits timely, audit banks regularly, preparing reliable timely financial information and proactively communicating all omission and deviations to appropriate management.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Applicable experience in a convention center or a related field preferred. Prior cash handling experience required.
Tools and Equipment:
Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of computers by operating basic applications (Windows, spreasdsheets, word documents, etc). Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment such as a calculator (10-key), telephone, copier, printer, fax machine and other job related equipment.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting in excess of 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, at times for long distances.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must work well in fast paced, stressful, high pressure situations while maintaining professional composure.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in workplace including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information, data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Other Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
Due to the nature of the industry and basic reporting deadlines, employees may be required to work long hours and varying schedules to meet the business needs. Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Approach all encounters with employees and vendors in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with policies.
- Maintain adequate par levels of change and anticipate any additional needs prior to events. Provide change to all departments as scheduled.
- Prepare Cash Short/Over Reports on a daily, monthly and yearly basis and advise management on material variances in accordance with policies.
- Issue or redeem cashier banks as needed by departments with the approval of the Controller.
- Audit cashier banks as required by policies and maintain all documentation.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviations of policy.
- Maintain a complete record of all funds transferred to and from the bank.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Ensure adequate controls on the Cashier’s fund in accordance with policy.
- Where applicable, ensure that all cashier’s operating equipment is in good condition and working order (cash drawers, cashier vaults, credit card equipment, etc.).
- Maintain adequate inventory of cashier supplies including deposit envelopes, credit card vouchers, and other printed materials.
- Maintain and ensure the security of the safe, its combination, and all cashier vaults. Immediately notify the Controller of any security breaches. Security breaches include, but are not limited unsupervised entry into the cash room by anyone other than the Controller, Office Manager and/or Cash Room attendant.
- Attends and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships between associates and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Maximize efforts toward productivity, identify problem areas and assist in finding and implementing their solutions.
- Others duties as assigned.
Minimum 2 years experience in like employment
Computer, Telephone, Calculator, Copy Machine
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)
Physical Requirements: BENDING NOT REQUIRED
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.