Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: While working under the supervision of the Housing Manager, the Maintenance Technician will perform daily building maintenance duties including, but not limited to, plumbing leaks and stoppages, lighting repairs/replacement, minor electrical replacements, minor HVAC troubleshooting and reporting, structural component repairs (carpentry), painting, furniture assembly and repair and general duties.
- Inspects assigned buildings on a routine basis and performs maintenance where necessary while keeping facilities in serviceable condition.
- Repairs and maintenance of buildings and grounds when required including but not limited to, repairs or instillation of various fixtures, hardware, and facilities as required such as door locks and hardware, broken window panes, minor plumbing, basic carpentry, minor electrical circuits and appliances, office equipment or furniture, faucets and valves, shower grouting, floor and ceiling tiles, and other necessary maintenance duties.
- Assist with remodels and other construction projects.
- Reports major maintenance needs to the Housing Manager for referral to shop-crafts or other corrective actions as necessary.
- Must have an eye for detail and presentation – to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness to ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of housing facilities and grounds by removing trash and debris from the walkways and surrounding area.
- Assists Housing Groundskeeper when necessary.
- Safely operates a service truck (pick-up, van, mini truck, or gator).
- Must be able to lift or move heavy objects up to 80lbs and must be able to stand and work as long as 10 hours in different positions.
- Must be able to interact and possess communication skills with individuals at all levels of organization, as well as clients, vendors, and sub-contractors, customer, co-workers and supervision.
- Must be able to attend safety meetings as required and be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision to identify maintenance, cleanliness and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them.
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a good positive representation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas is demonstrated at all time.
- Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Report to work in proper uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Three (3) years in building maintenance trades.
- Able and willing to work in inclement weather.
- Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems and general carpentry.
- Full range of mobility outdoors, indoors, and in confining areas, using stairs, ramps, or ladders.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and local regulations, standards, and procedures.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.