Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As a valuable member of our team, it will be your responsibility to safely transport guests to and from town while providing a narrated tour along the way; orient guests to the area and lodge; up-sell lodge tours, dining, and activities; adhere to all DOT regulations; complete all DOT required paperwork accurately and timely; help at the front desk (see job description for “front desk agent” for more details); drive Sysco truck to and from the ferry as needed; ensure all transportation remains on-time; responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicles and helps maintain the cleanliness of the lobby, public restrooms, parking lot, and baggage room.
As a team member you will be expected to follow all Aramark, National Park Service, and Glacier Bay Lodge policies and procedures pertaining to health, safety, and environmental practices, while consistently exhibiting the WEST guest philosophy and demonstrating integrity and respect in all you do.
- Must complete a daily vehicle inspection form prior to driving
- Ensure a pleasant and clean atmosphere is maintained in the vehicle at all times
- Utilize all safety equipment available, always wear seat belt when driving
- Operate company vehicle weighing under 26,000 lbs (GVW) transporting passengers or transporting supplies and equipment to and from designated locations
- Drivers are required to drive defensively, safely and cautiously at all times and in all situations
- Often drivers are the first contact a guest may have with the company – so it is important that they make an outstanding first impression
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests; to ensure a good positive representation of ARAMARK Parks and Destinations is demonstrated at all times
- Some Drivers work as bus/shuttle drivers driving guests throughout the property, to and from tours, in and out of town, and around property – picking up and dropping off guests at designated locations
- Drivers transporting passengers should be highly knowledgeable about the property and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests.
- May have to lift guest luggage weighing up to 80 lbs into the vehicle
- Fuel, clean and inspect vehicle when required, report malfunctions to Transportation Office
- Driver 2s’ must ensure all vehicle log books are completed – including rider-ship information log
- Work with Transportation Office dispatcher ensuring any special requests and group requests are completed
- Drivers may be required to use a company vehicle to haul small boats from the water when required. They also may be required in this instance to assist guests – lifting heavy items off boats
- Drivers 2s’ may be assigned to work as warehouse drivers – safely and promptly transporting equipment to and from the warehouse
- May be required to do maintenance and safety inspections on service trucks, pickups, trailers and other vehicles and equipment. This includes: checking and changing oil and tires, lights and general vehicle condition
- Take vehicle to car wash when necessary
- May be required to assist with clerical work, answering phones, working as a dispatcher and other office duties
- Dry Storage Drivers may be required to sell and dispense propane, following federal dispensing laws by only dispensing propane into bottles with OPD under 10 lbs. These drivers may also be required to occasionally operate a cash register in some circumstances - handling cash, traveler’s checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
- Drivers must understand the machinery and chemicals used
- Drivers must be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Attend all scheduled department and safety meetings
- Share innovative ideas to improve efficiency and operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
Status and Scope:
- The Driver 2 employee reports to the Transportation Manager
- Drivers must be willing to learn about ARAMARK property and surrounding areas in order to educate guests that use the shuttle
- Drivers transporting passengers must be guest service focused – committed to going above and beyond to enhance the guest experience and able to lift heavy luggage or other supplies and equipment into the vehicle
- Drivers must have strong communication skills and be comfortable using the company radio
- If driver is working with marina operations they may be required to tow boats in and out of the water and must be familiar with pulling and backing trailers between 10’ and 28’ in length into tight spots
- Must be age 21 years or older
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver License (Class B or C) with a clean driving record showing 5 years of prior safe driving
- Must pass a DOT physical examination and obtain a medical card
- Must pass a pre-employmentdrug/alcohol test and participate in the random drug/alcoholtesting pool
- Must complete and pass Defensive Driving Course prior to driving a company vehicle
- 1 year + professional driving experience and vehicle mechanical experience is preferred as well as customer service experience
- Drivers may be required to have a passenger endorsement or airbrake endorsement to be able to drive all vehicles
- Experience driving in all weather conditions including winter weather and tire chain installation
Company Vehicle, Walkie-Talkie, Hand Truck, Computer, Hand Truck, Photocopier, Printer, Telephone, Other Equipment
Travel Requirements: Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
HEAVYLifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING Frequent
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.