Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The Transportation Bus Driver CDL role includes transporting guests from points between Glacier Bay Lodge and designated stops including the Gustavus Airport and Alaska Ferry Terminal (Gustavus) in a safe and courteous manner. Other duties include transportation of guests around Glacier Bay Lodge property. Courtesy Bus Driver CDL are the first and last level of interaction between the customer and the company.
- Safely assist guests embarking and disembarking shuttle vehicle
- Assist guests with questions about property/area and provide them with logistical advice
- Work with front desk and other drivers to ensure proper coverage and communicate current guest flow with one another
- Follow all posted signs on ARAMARK properties as well as public roads
- Efficiently utilize down time by fueling, cleaning, etc.
- Effectively communicate with guests, employees, and vendors to ensure all guests receive prompt, courteous service
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints
- Fill out DVIR's accurately on a daily basis
- Ability to work under erratic deadlines and with changing priorities
- Complete required reports (i.e. rider tracking) correctly and in a timely manner
- Practice proper fueling/bus wash procedures
- Follow attendance, lunch break, and time clock procedures
- Ability to work a varied schedule
- Understand department policies regarding emergency procedures, radio protocol, and accident procedures
- Report to work in proper uniform and grooming standards
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Go the extra mile/follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope: Reports to Operations Manager; General Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write and clearly understand and speak English
- 21 years of age or older
- Must have valid commercial driver’s license, Class B with passenger endorsement preferred
- Previous driving experience preferred
- 3 years of verifiable driving history (CDL and non-CDL)
- Clean driving record
- Willingness to gain a good understanding of all Denali Park Resorts properties as well as the activities and amenities offered for guests
- Telephone, CB radio,
- Little or No Travel (>10%)
- MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.