Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The Waiter/Waitress establishes a welcoming atmosphere from the minute they first greet guests at their table. The Waiter/Waitress records and inputs accurate food and beverage orders into the SMS Touch POS System, delivers food and carries service trays while demonstrating exemplary guest service skills. The Waiter/Waitress also assists food & beverage workers, bartenders, bussing attendants and kitchen staff to ensure smooth restaurant operations. This position requires individuals with the ability to be service-minded and committed to providing outstanding guest satisfaction.
- Greet guests immediately as they arrive at their tables
- Record accurate Food and Beverage orders and input into POS Systems
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of menu – be able to give full descriptions of food and beverage items and know full product details including allergy information
- Maintain a watch for underage patrons by checking the identification of customers to ensure they meet alcohol age legal requirements
- Carry service tray in order to deliver and serve food and beverages to table
- Work with bartenders in order to process drinks orders
- Work with kitchen staff to coordinate and collect orders efficiently
- Complete all bussing attendant duties when required
- Provide guests with check in a timely manner
- Must be able to develop strong cashier skills - handling cash, traveler’s checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
- Must be proficient in counting money, providing guests with change whenever needed. Able to count and balance working bank
- Maintain daily side work –ensuring any required logs are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of restaurant at all times. Maintain cleanliness and product standards and ensure all trash is correctly disposed of
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- May be required to train other employees, educating them on menu items and other aspects of the role
- May be required to serve food in the bar area
- May be required to work at banquets and special functions – serving and keeping food & beverage areas stocked
- May be required to prepare banquet facilities by setting up and breaking down tables, buffets, center pieces
- May be required to set up china, glassware and place settings
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and abide by all state liquor laws
- Other duties as assigned
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Reports to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work efficiently – prepared to help wherever needed
- Must have the ability to lift food trays
- Should be able to work all department shifts
- Previous restaurant and food service experience
- Outgoing personality and friendly manner
- Must meet state age requirements to serve alcohol
- Valid and Current TEAM or TIPs card preferred, however, will train
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written – able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Minimum of 1-2 years Serving experience is required
Calculator, Printer, POS System
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (<10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.