Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: This position of a server at the Sail at the Tampa Convention Center is responsible for providing the highest level of food and beverage service in accordance with Aramark and property standards. Serves food and beverages to 20-30 guests at a time. Clears and re-sets tables quickly and efficiently. Practices “aggressive hospitality” and shows professionalism with guests, co-workers, and management.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Welcome, engage and greet guests with a smile. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes; make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Up-sell food & beverage items using suggestive selling techniques.
- Reports to property on time and in proper uniform.
- Checks with Manager for assigned dining station, opening side work, and closing side work duties.
- Reports to line-up for review of the day’s activities, groups in house, and menus.
- Sets-up, organizes, maintains, and closes the restaurant or banquet functions ensuring that areas are stocked and cleaned.
- Moves quickly with good balance carrying up to 20 lb. on a tray.
- Converses with guests, makes suggestions, and answers questions regarding food and beverages constantly.
- Constantly maintains cleanliness of tables at all times - clearing empty glassware, plates, etc.
- Maintains full knowledge of menu items and specials.
- Rings all food and beverage items into the Micros computer accurately at all times.
- Communicates with guest and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Participates in proper sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Maintains full knowledge of service standards.
- Follows the Aramark Business Conduct Policy.
- Must be T.I.P’s certified and follow all rules and guidelines set forth for ensuring responsible beverage service.
- Run food from kitchen to tables
- Bus and serve other guest sections
- Other duties as assigned by management
- At least one-year experience as a food server within a restaurant, hotel, or conference center operation.
- Related customer service/oriented experience.
- Requires full understanding and knowledge of food and beverage standards.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in fluent English.
- Minimum of 18 years of age as required to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Possess interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to move quickly while balancing large and small trays of food and drinks to and from service areas.
- Team Player
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.