Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The Driver 3 employee has a Class A CDL and drives a tractor trailer, shuttle bus, 1or 2 ton truck, or other large vessel – hauling vehicle. Drivers in this position are required to operate an efficient, consistent, safe and timely service. Driver 3 employees are experienced customer service focused drivers; comfortable lifting heavy loads and willing to help out wherever needed.
- Must complete a daily vehicle inspection form prior to driving
- Ensure a pleasant and clean atmosphere is maintained in the vehicle at all times
- Utilize all safety equipment available, always wear a seat belt when driving
- Operate semi tractor, 2 ton truck and 1 ton truck transporting supplies and equipment to and from designated locations or towing large vessels out of the lake
- Drivers are required to drive defensively, safely and cautiously at all times and in all situations
- Often drivers are the first contact a guest may have with the company – so it is important that they make an outstanding first impression
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests; to ensure a good positive representation of ARAMARK Parks and Destinations is demonstrated at all times
- Drivers transporting passengers should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, boat rentals, food & beverage opening hours and services, tours and activities and surrounding area amenities and activities such as other National Parks in the area
- May have to lift guest luggage weighing up to 80 lbs into their vessel.
- Fuel, clean and inspect vehicle when required, report malfunctions to Transportation Office
- Driver 3s’ must ensure all vehicle log books are completed – including labor information log
- Work with Transportation Office dispatcher ensuring any requests are met
- Driver 3s may be required to use a company vehicle to launch and recover houseboats, large cruisers and all other water craft all of which may be over 26,000 GVW. They also may be required in this instance to further assist guests in any way possible by lifting heavy items off boats, helping with refueling etc.
- May be required to do maintenance and safety inspections on service trucks, pickups, trailers and other vehicles. This includes: checking and changing oil and tires, lights and general vehicle condition
- Take vehicle to car wash when necessary
- Driver 3s may be required to serve as warehouse drivers transporting and delivering equipment and other supplies
- May be required to assist with clerical work, answering phones, working as a dispatcher and other office duties
- Drivers must understand the machinery and chemicals used
- Drivers must be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Attend all scheduled department and safety meetings
- Share innovative ideas to improve efficiency and operations
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- The Driver 3 employee reports to the Transportation Supervisor
- Drivers transporting passengers must be guest service focused – committed to going above and beyond to enhance the guest experience and able to lift heavy luggage or other supplies and equipment into the vehicle
- Drivers must have strong communication skills and be comfortable using the company radio
- Must be experienced in backing large boats which are in excess of 70 feet in length into tight spots in storage area and launch ramp.
- Excellent record keeping skills are required
- Must be age 21 years or older
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver License (Class A) ideally and a clean driving record showing 5 years of prior safe driving
- Must pass a DOT physical examination and obtain a medical card
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
- Must complete and pass Driving Test prior to driving a company vehicle
- 1 year + professional driving experience and vehicle mechanical experience is required
Semi –Tractor, Walkie-Talkie, Hand Truck, Computer, Hand Truck, Photocopier, 1 or 2 Ton Truck, Printer, Telephone, Other Equipment
Travel Requirements: Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.