Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: Lead Housekeepers oversee the Housekeeping operations; supporting and training the Housekeepers. They assign the day’s work tasks to the Housekeepers; ensure all preparations have been completed in advance for the day ahead, ensuring all Housekeepers are on task in order to achieve the highest cleanliness standards to ensure customer satisfaction. Lead Housekeepers are expected to serve as an example to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, exceeding expectations. Furthermore, they must be able to maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere even in the absence of management.
- Perform all housekeeping and laundry duties
- Hold shift meetings to ensure that the housekeeping team is aware of the day’s tasks, group arrivals, visiting VIPs, BTD & Safety of the day, and any other miscellaneous information to ensure successful operations
- Train housekeepers on all aspects of the role: this includes training on room standards & expectations, cleaning duties; developing their attention to detail focus
- Must ensure cleanliness and a pleasant atmosphere throughout the Lodge at all times
- Ensure job stations are managed and kept clean and organized
- Ensure all housekeepers complete duties and assignments accurately while maintaining smooth operations
- Stock and refill cleaning chemicals and solutions
- Verify all fire equipment is maintained properly
- Lead Housekeepers may be required to complete monthly safety inspections, complete electrical readings and file incident and injury reports on an ongoing basis
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a good positive representation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas is demonstrated at all times
- Ensure everything operates smoothly in manager’s absence and that all customer relations issues are handled effectively
- Verify all work stations are secure and clean at close of shift
- Lead Housekeepers may be required to assist management in scheduling all Housekeeping employees in accordance with labor budgets and assigning work tasks to the Cleaning Service Workers
- Lead Housekeepers may be required to coordinate, correct, track and submit payroll for the Housekeeping department; ensuring accuracy, proper transfer of labor and timely weekly reporting
- Must be flexible – willing to work a rotational schedule with rotational days off that may include weekends and holidays
- Must be well groomed and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Lead Housekeepers report to the Housekeeping Supervisor, Lodge Manager, and Director of Operations
- Lead Housekeepers must be able to support and oversee the Housekeeping team to ensure the highest levels of cleaning and customer service are adhered to; that all tasks are completed, ensuring smooth operations
- Lead Housekeepers should have excellent communication and public relations skills
- Lead Housekeepers need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc…
- Lead Housekeepers must be comfortable being on their feet all day
- Lead Housekeepers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written
- Advanced cleaning/quality assurance experience is required
Commercial Vacuum Cleaner, Calculator, Hand Truck, Photocopier, Printer, Telephone/Radio, Ladder/Stool, Computer, Lifter, Laundry Bins & Carts, Cleaning Supplies
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.