Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: Fuel Dock Marina Services Workers primarily work as Fuel Attendants – assisting guests with the purchase of gas, oil and accessories. Marina Services Workers are flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- Marina Services Workers must be able to work physically hard
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the boat dock by removing trash and debris from the dock and cleaning all public areas
- Perform daily Fuel Dock safety checks at beginning of the day
- Perform daily Fuel Dock housekeeping tasks – clean fuel dock, barges and other relevant areas, roll fuel hoses, change filters, sweep the floor, wash the deck and empty trash
- Warmly welcome all guests as they arrive at The Fuel Dock
- Securely and safely dock and tie guest boats at The Fuel Dock
- Assist guests with purchase of gas, oil and accessories
- Dispense fuel into boat fuel tanks using the fuel pump
- Check engine oil and fill/change if needed
- Marina Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about the property and the surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities.
- Develop a strong knowledge of all products and services offered in order to constantly up sell
- Maintain a daily bank and be accountable for all transactions
- Handle cash, traveler’s checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
- Must be proficient in counting money, able to provide guests with change whenever needed and make accurate cash deposits at the end of shift; ensuring all required paperwork is completed
- May be required to instruct guests on basic boat operations
- Marina Services Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- May be required to perform minor maintenance repairs on boats
- Identify maintenance and safety issues
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Thank all guests and say goodbye as they leave
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Report to work in proper uniform
- May be required to assist in other departments when needed
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Marina Services Workers report to the Fuel Dock Manager or Supervisor
- Marina Services Workers cannot be prone to motion / sea sickness
- Marina Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Marina Services Workers should be able to adapt and learn quickly
- Previous customer service and boating experience preferred
- Strong English speaking, reading and writing communication skills are essential
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be able to swim
- Must be comfortable putting out a fire, able to respond to emergency situations that may occur in a calm manner. Basic fire fighting drills and training sessions will be completed on a regular basis
- Must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check to operate boats
POS System, Photocopier, Telephone, Calculator, Cleaning Supplies, Fuel Pumps, Printers, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.