Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: Marina Cashiers/Utility Worker are flexible, willing to help out wherever needed. They are typically crossed trained to perform Marina Services Worker tasks, which include working as Fuel Attendants whenever needed. Marina Cashiers are attentive – dedicated to delivering the highest levels of guest service and are always willing to answer questions and resolve guest issues.
- Warmly welcome all guests
- Stock Ice
- Assist guests with purchase
- Cashiers should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and the surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage opening hours and services, tours and activities and surrounding area amenities.
- Develop a strong knowledge of all products and services offered in order to constantly up sell
- Maintain a daily bank and be accountable for all transactions
- Handle cash, traveler’s checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
- Must be proficient in counting money, able to provide guests with change whenever needed and make accurate cash deposits at the end of shift; ensuring all required paperwork is completed
- Cashiers must ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the fuel dock and fuel dock office at all times
- Maintain daily side work –ensure any required logs are completed in a timely manner and complete any restocking and cleaning duties
- Assist with checking in orders received - verify order count and input in receiving log
- May be required to keep an inventory of stock
- May be required to order fuel, oil and other accessories
- May be required to work as a Fuel Attendant
- Identify safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Thank all guests and say goodbye as they leave
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Report to work in proper uniform
- May be required to assist in other departments when needed.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Marina Cashiers report to the Marina Manager or Supervisor
- Marina Cashiers must be able to adapt and learn quickly
- The position also requires a customer service focus, good communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must have a willingness to gain a good understanding of the Marinas and surrounding area, becoming fully knowledgeable on all activities and amenities offered
- Must be able to work efficiently – prepared to help wherever needed
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Strong English speaking, reading and writing communication skills are essential
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Basic mathematical skills are required – in order to develop strong cashier skills
- Must be able to swim
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations that may occur in a calm manner. Basic fire fighting drills and training sessions will be completed on a regular basis
POS System, Photocopier, Telephone, Calculator, Cleaning Supplies, Fuel Pumps, Printer, Hand Truck, Computer
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.