Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: Guest Services Workers are the first line of communication for guests choosing to rent a boat. Guest Services Workers establish a welcoming atmosphere from the minute a guest arrives at the Boat Rentals Office. Guest Services Workers are attentive and always willing to answer questions and resolve guest issues, make reservations and educate guests on different boat benefits and add-ons in order to up-sell. Guest Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and surrounding areas and act as a useful resource for all guests. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail, ability to sell, a strong dedication to customer service and a positive and friendly attitude.
- Greet all guests upon their arrival in the Boat Rentals Office
- Make telephone and in person boat reservations and check on Internet reservations
- Help customers book boats, jet skis, rooms and other vacation activities
- Develop a strong knowledge of all products and services offered in order to constantly up sell
- Ensure all customers renting boats are checked in and out as efficiently as possible and that all required paperwork is completed
- Guest Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about the marinas and the surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities, and surrounding area amenities
- Learn and use SMS POS System and Microsoft Office programs
- Maintain a daily bank and be accountable for all transactions
- Handle cash, traveler’s checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
- Must be proficient in counting money, able to provide guests with change whenever needed and make accurate cash deposits at the end of shift; ensuring all required paperwork is completed
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the Boat Rentals Office at all times
- Maintain daily side work –ensure any required logs are completed in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate with guests, to ensure all guests receive prompt and courteous service
- Take charge when upper management is unavailable and unforeseen complications (bad weather, cancellations, etc) arise
- Maintain a positive attitude in high stress situations
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Must be able to work under erratic deadlines and deal with changing priorities
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
- Use basic office equipment
- Thank all guests and say goodbye as they leave
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Reports to Boat Rentals Manager
- Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work efficiently – prepared to help wherever needed
- Must be willing to gain a good understanding of the marina operation, becoming fully knowledgeable on all activities and amenities offered
- Must be fluent in English language both spoken and written
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Previous hospitality and sales experience preferred
Photocopier, Telephone, Calculator, Computer, POS System
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)
Physical Requirements: BENDING OCCASIONAL
Connect With Us!
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself.